Friday, May 28, 2004

Well where do I start. Well, I guess I should start with Evolution, not the car, not the theory. The movie. Something about Julianne Moore makes the movie fun. Its now almost 3am and I thought I was going to sleep. If I could master removing the pain in my back that acts up everytime I get stressed out I would a much happier person. In just a little of nine hours I will have to be in Lake Forest to interview for a posistion I dont want, Dont need and have to eat crow while doing it. I have a pretty interesting quandry that I face here. I should back up a bit and talk about the situation. For those of you dont know I was laid off because my Company eliminated an entire nationwide team of Six Sigma GreenBelts because they re-defined the job description to include a degree in Industrial engineering. Resulting in a layoff for the entire team save two people. Me NOT included. So I find myself with an opportunity to move to the place I have always wanted to live, and I am happy. The events of the previous years have weighed on my to the point of shear and udder depression. The further away I get from the event the more I realize how much it affected me, and affected how I was dealing with the rest of the world. In talking to a friend of mine the other night, she told me that I had almost overnight because the most self-centered egomanical Prick. Thats posed a great problem for everyone around me that I provide their "rock" of stablility because the very bed rock that they relyed on was crumbling to dust beneath their heels. I seem to find tagents alot. But I think the quote from Edward Bloom, Hero of Big Fish fits here pretty well, ".... I havent forgot, I was workin on a tangent, you see the thing about most people they will tell a story from begining to end without and tangent and it will lack flavor. or something like that.. I guess you have to see the movie, but its when William's Wife is asking to take his picture. Anyway so that brings me to eight hours and a half from now. I have a triple interview for a posistion that is down step for me. To make matters worse, the posistion would require me to work for another person at Grainger whom I have had very strong disagreements with in the past. This person in question was the type of guy that was picked on so much in High School that now that he has some power he wields as if he is slaying the "evil Dragon". People that think they are smart and decide to belittle the underlings I have NO respect for. Well this joker no only insulted me personally, he insulted my manager, my lead and my other co-workers, The second strike this pencil neck has is that even when proven wrong he still maintains he is without fault. So I know find myself having to interview for a posistion in which he would be my direct supervisor. How does one handle a situation like this? Do you eat crow? Do you cancel the interview? Hmmmmm.. I have yet to decide what works as the best in this situation... I really dont know what to do. I will prevail either way... what every my decision, It will be the right one. Quotes like, to thyne on self be true... come to mind...

Am I that desparate for job... Should I work on my first ulcer before thirty. I dont think so, I think I would rather go back to a warehouse, and have less responsibilty and get my mountain back.
My mother's health is the major factor in me staying her. I knew this wasnt the last year(s) of her life I would have never come home.

Someone called me tonight scared and worried I hope they are okay.

I also got this really interesting email... Thanks for the message from Matt... I am going to share it with yawl now:
Have you ever heard a child say, “Hey, that’s not fair”? Sure you have. Well from now on you can quote this famous philosopher. You just tell them this,


“The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.”

(Aristotle)

I am sure they will understand.

No comments: