Saturday, May 22, 2004

It seems almost too wierd to access this blog everyday and write something. The wonders of having a computer at my disposal again is quite wierd. Hmmmm....

Anyway, Last night I spent the evening with a old friend who alot of people thought would never get her shit together. Well, She is 28 years old has a 6 year old daughter and owns her own home. Brand new construction. I couldnt believe it. I am so proud of her for making when everyone around her told her she couldnt. It was wierd to sit at her house and watch movies and talk. It was like time stood still and it was 1994 all over again. Its wierd the people that stay attached to you for one reason or another, and when you dont really think that have an effect on someones; life until you really talk to them. An unassuming comment or just a simple phone call may made the difference in their existence. I dont want to get all it was the best of times bullshit, because that would be more REVISIONIST history. Because my friend and I certainly fought. Funny thing though, is, that we never really lost contact. She is the type of friend that no matter how broke she is she would give the shirt off her back to help you. I am trying to find a common thread here with all the people I call friends. What makes them important to me? why after a decade to they consider worthy of their very precious time? As the rain is pounding on my window now the rhythm reminds that I can be that dreamer, I can let go of everything I hold dear if only for a moment to catch my breath and remember what fun used to be.

No comments: