Friday, May 21, 2004

Now that is out my system, I was just sitting here in my very humid house thinking of the Indigo Girls. Oddly enough I was driving home from the city tonight and I heard a song that wasnt by the Indigo Girls but it reminded me of my married friends. August 9,1999 they wed. Just one short year before that the met because of me. Sara was reeling from being broken up with my xfriend joe, and Mike was a new lab partner in physics class. A couple of BBQs later they moved in together and married just shortly after that. Anyway getting back to the Indigo Girls. They did a cover of Romeo and Juliet, and this song came alive. Dire straits may have first recorded but The Indigo girls perfected it. I often think of this song. I havent a clue why. It has nothing to do with love's lost I think. I think its more about a time in my life that I was in that much pain... A pain that I will never recover from, because It happened almost a decade ago. With time are we not all supposed to mellow? I find as time goes on I look at the past and to quote Baz Lehrman: Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.
Advice is a form of nostalgia.
Dispensing it is a way of wishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling for more than it's worth.


Maybe this ties in with the idea of revisionist history... No I know it does.. and I know one thing pretty well. I am an asshole. Pompus to the core and I dont think will ever change, This last statement contradicts a previous one. Change or die. Okay I change but I am often misunderstood. The pedestal that I fell from was inevitable. I am broken I have shattered and nobody has bothered to get the dustpan and sweep me up.

2 comments:

Dana Lee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.